The National Confederation Noaks Ark
Noaks Ark brings together a network of regionally active associations in Sweden that offer activities and support in various forms for those living with HIV and those close to them. The National Confederation Noaks Arks primary tasks is at a national level and consist of telephone counseling, monitoring of research, nationwide communication and education efforts, media communication and advocacy work as well as the operation of the joint website noaksark.org. We want to contribute to the Noaks Ark movement by being an effective instrument for the implementation of the national HIV strategy.
We strive to achieve this internally through coordination, competence, and method development.
Goals and vision
Noaks Ark’s overall goal is to work for a reduced spread of HIV and its consequences for the individual and for our society as a whole.
- that everyone should become better at protecting themselves and others
- that those who are living with HIV or are close to them should receive the support and knowledge needed to be able to live as good a life as possible
- increase knowledge and awareness of HIV
- fight prejudice and ignorance regarding HIV
- that the social stigma surrounding HIV is alleviated
- that professionals gain better skills in tackling the HIV problem in their professional practice
In our vision, people have good knowledge about HIV, and the spread has decreased. It is no longer seen as shameful to live with HIV. The quality of life for those living with HIV has increased and they are treated with respect and without fear in society and in contact with authorities. The healthcare system has become better at treating people with HIV and at diagnosing HIV infections. Other professional groups have also improved in their treatment.