The National Confederation Noaks Ark
Noaks Ark brings together a network of regionally active associations in Sweden that offer activities and support in various forms for those living with HIV or those close to them. The The National Confederation’s primary tasks are at the national level and consist of telephone counseling and advice, monitoring of research, nationwide communication and education efforts, media communication and advocacy work as well as the operation of the joint website noaksark.org. We want the Noaks Ark movement being an effective instrument for the implementation of the national HIV strategy. To achieve this, we internally contribute through coordination, competence, and method development.
Goals and vision
Noaks Ark’s overall goal is to work for a reduced spread of HIV and its consequences for individuals and for society as a whole.
- that everyone should become better at protecting themselves and others
- that those who are living with HIV or are close to them should receive the support and knowledge needed to be able to live as good a life as possible
- increase knowledge and awareness regarding HIV
- fight prejudice and ignorance about HIV
- that the social stigma surrounding HIV is alleviated
- that professionals gain better skills in tackling the HIV problem in their professional practice
In our vision, people have good knowledge about HIV and the spread has decreased. It is no longer seen as shameful to have HIV. The quality of life for those living with HIV has increased and they are treated with respect and without fear in society and in contact with authorities. The healthcare system has become better at treating people with HIV and at diagnosing HIV infections. Other professional groups have also improved their treatment.
The Federal Board
Amanda Netscher, president
Emilie Weiderud, vice-president
Per Svensson (Noaks Ark Mosaik)
Charlotta Svanberg (Småland & Halland)
Solveig Danielsson-Ekbom (Stockholm)
Rickard Eriksson (Östergötland)
Åse Lindegren (Norra Norrland)
Britt-Marie Falk (Småland & Halland)
Laurent Lawson (Noaks Ark Mosaik)
Malin Tuvesson (Stockholm)
The The National Confederation Noaks Ark brings together a network of regionally active local associations. Each local association is its own legal entity and has its own board.